Job Description |
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases to include the following responsibilities:
- Database performance tuning and monitoring using SQL Server tools such as SQL Server Profiler and Database Tuning
- Database performance evaluation using Utility Control Point (UCP), Performance Monitor and Dynamic Management Views
- Creation of indexes to enhance performance
- Creation of partitioning schemes
- SQL Server Replication Services; building and monitoring replication services
- Developing ETL packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and bulk-loading utilities
- Developing and maintaining OLAP cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Developing reports, maintaining report definitions, maintaining report manager portal using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Transact-SQL (T-SQL) language to include Data Definition Language (DDL), Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- Certification and accreditation using Department of Defense (DOD) Standard Implementation Guidance (STIG) for SQL Server
- Authoring System Security Plans, white papers and change management proposals
- Creating, managing and troubleshooting Windows Clustering and SQL Server high-availability solutions
- Creating and monitoring SQL Server Policy Objects
- Ability to use both the GUI management interface, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) as well as the SQLCMD command line interface
- Creating and managing SQL Server Maintenance Plans for routine tasks and backup solutions as well as ability to create, troubleshoot and monitor SQL Server Agent jobs
- Creating SSL certificates for the use of server to client communications
- Expertise in designing, implementing and maintaining a highly flexible, high-availability data warehouse infrastructure capable of supporting large to small applications
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Tests designed applications.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- Active Secret clearance with TS eligibility Required
- Security + Certification Required
- MCP or MCIPT SQL Server Certification desired
- Understanding of the following desired: .net programming to include the use of the Common Language Runtime in SQL Server; Internet Information Services (IIS) and how applications securely access SQL Server; SharePoint and how to maintain a healthy SharePoint/SQL Server system; Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.