Job Description |
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, BOM and asset and configuration management, spares support, and maintenance and/or repair activities. Assist in coordination of technical training and related instructional programs for customer personnel, as required for designated sites.
- Provides oversight of the procurement pipeline, including physical transportation
- Submits purchase requests (PRs) and receives inventory from material procured within the GDIT approved ILS systems
- Provides support for the generation and maintenance of ILS processes, plans, and SOPs
- Manages the quality of asset/configuration records for accuracy and completeness
- Responsible for maintenance and management of the Bill of Material (BOM) and associated warranty agreements linked to configuration items (CIs)
- Assists the Configuration Manager in maintaining and reporting on service assets as CIs from system level to Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) level
- Assists in the tracking and maintaining reports of licensing, warranty renewals, version control of HW/SW assets and associated documentation
- Works with the engineering team to compile all technical documentation, manuals, as-built drawings, etc. and consolidate into the Service Knowledge Management Database (SKMDB); maintains and updates these files, as required
- Prepares and executes inventory documents and deliverables, as required under the contract
- Serves as a liaison with all vendors and HW/SW equipment providers to ensure packing, handling, storage, and transportation of items is executed on-time and in accordance with contractual requirements
- Tracks the acceptance of all material and ensures the proper documentation is prepared, per shipment
- Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements
- Coordinates logistics for technical instruction events with the training POC including scheduling classes, reserving classrooms, and preparing workstations
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned including but not limited to BMC Remedy and Atrium
- Participates in special projects as required and performs other duties, as assigned
- ITIL certification is preferred
- RAMT/FMECA experience is preferred
- Experience working on IT modernization programs or IT engineering support programs is required
Bachelors Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related experience in logistics, training, traffic and/or supply chain management.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.