Job Description |
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Cyber Defense Infrastructure engineer supports the CNDSP Security Operations Center through application of sound security architecture and engineering principles for the development, direction, and implementation of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities, or detect when prevention fails. Support data aggregation and integration of enterprise CND capabilities.
- Primary responsibility is Maintain, Configure and Troubleshoot Cyber Defense Systems. The candidate will have experience in one of the following areas: - Linux based servers and appliances - Client\Server technologies and troubleshooting - Splunk - Arcsight
- May also assist with the following: 80/443 web content filters/proxies, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS,SEIM, DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
- Ability to write signatures for detection systems, such as SNORT and McAfee Intrushield a plus.
- Will have experience with multi-tasking providing on ground support to CNDSP work centers.
- Will have excellent oral and written skills creating programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- 8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
- Requires DoD 8570: IAT III and CND-SP Specialty: CND Analyst.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain a CI Polygraph.