Job Description |
Provides configuration management support to assigned projects.
- Analyzes engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, compliance with standard procedures, and system updates.
- Performs various audits and documents results.
- Monitors subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the applications of customer standards and requirements for the statement of work are properly implemented.
- Develops configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
- Participates in design reviews, audits, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
- Identifies requirements and participates in the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems and related support.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Serve as central Change Manager, ensuring major Project Management, Systems, Networks, Information Assurance, Satellite Communications, and Service Desk tasks affecting baseline configuration follow acceptable standards.
- Ensure ITIL-compliant documented processes exist and are followed for activities executed under the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Manage the production of deliverable documents required under the PWS including user guides, manuals, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies, security documents, meeting minutes, and briefings produced for the customer.
- Deliver to the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) deliverable documentation required by the PWS.
- Manage the SharePoint-based technical library of over 350 documents, as well as a shadow library of such documentation within the US BICES Central Document Repository.
- Attend and participate in weekly Technical Operations and Configuration Control Panel meetings with the customer, documenting meeting discussion, recording task status changes, task due-outs, and task action items affecting Baseline Configuration changes.
- Assist the Project Management team with projects as needed.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) of Change Management, Baseline Configuration, Process Management, and local Program Management for supporting external requests, data calls, and Contract Deliverable (CDRL) reporting to the Program Office.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
2-5 years of related configuration management experience.
UNIQUE/ ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
- Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
- This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.