Job Description |
DCGS-A Field Software Service Engineer (FSSE)
Ft. Belvoir, VA
Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
1. Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
2. Provides expertise for resolving technical problems.
3. Modifies products, programs and systems to customer requirements.
4. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
5. Provides end-user training.
6. Performs various tests and documents results.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and technicians.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Requirements / Skill Sets
- Configures and maintains user accounts; resolves user account issues for client workstations and servers.
- Maintains and installs Microsoft Windows operating systems software, patching, and upgrading.
- Maintains and installs Red Hat Linux operating systems software, patching, and upgrading.
- Maintains and installs ESXi operating systems software, patching, and upgrading.
- Maintains and installs VMWare application software, patching, and upgrading.
- Working knowledge of CISCO switches to include but not limited to setting up trunkports, Access Control Lists (ACL), and Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN).
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Provides technical support, diagnoses, and resolves operating system problems.
- Provides technical support, diagnoses, and resolves network problems.
- Provides technical support to assist users with isolating hardware problems.
- Responsible for backup and disaster recovery of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- May program in an administrative language.
- As required, performs checks on applications and tools and resolves any errors to ensure availability.
- Well versed with remote system administration software; must be capable of supporting systems remotely.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Able to provide military users and maintainers with over-the-shoulder training; provides subject matter expert (SME) advice and training to end-users.
- Provides supervisory guidance and on the job leadership to junior staff members.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provides software sustainment and system readiness reporting data to customers and program management. Develop plans and schedules. Manage Security activities in specific areas as assigned.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Assist Information Assurance staff with all documentation required for accreditation and any other associated directives and regulations. Understands Information Assurance methodology and security principles.
- Perform Retina scans and implement information assurance security procedures and resolve findings.
- Performs post software installation upgrades and IAVA patching.
- Provide documentation and remediation for IA findings.
- Update IA required documentation to include; POAM and SVD.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- CompTIA Security+ CE required
- Preferred CE: Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) (Server) 70-642 or 70-643
5-8 years of related engineering experience.
Desirable system/application experience:
- DCGS-A baselines versions 3.1.x and 3.2.x.
- Hands-on experience with DCGS-A Mobile suite of systems to include but not limited to: ACT-E, IFS server stack, and PMFWS hardware/system components is highly desirable.
- Intelligence software applications such as ArcGIS suite, Multi-function Workstation, QueryTree, Distributed Integration Backbone (DIB) is highly desirable.
- JAVA and/or XML script creation.
Requires active Top Secret /SCI clearance.
Applicant must be able to deploy to hazardous duty locations.
Candidate must be able to maintain compliance with the standards of fitness requirement at all times throughout the period of performance of the task order.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.