Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-14254||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Springfield||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
A Principal Test Systems Engineer is needed to provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include: requirements elicitation and reviews, analysis and functional allocation, developing concepts of operation and interface specification, developing system architectures, performing technical/non-technical assessment and management, as well as end-to-end workflow and process analysis.
The candidate will participate in the test cycle of resources and integration efforts associated with production systems to include the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) Infrastructure Service Provider (ISP) transition. The candidate must have a thorough and historical understanding IEC architecture, interfaces, primary GEOINT applications, test and validation procedures, as well as a longstanding history of application integration issues.
The environment may call for periods of 24x7 support or on-call coverage
• Execute test and evaluation process for independent testing of both internal and external NGA enterprise-wide deliveries
• Implement repeatable systems engineering processes for verification and validation of capabilities
• Perform Image Quality Assessments
• Manage and facilitate Milestone Readiness Review process
• Provide IV&V for upgrades to the operation environment
• Serve as the POC for all ISP/IEC testing
• Coordinate all test activities with developers, integrators, and software engineers responsible for sustainment of the production systems
• Serve as a top level functional expert supporting multiple agency clients and unlimited user groups.
• Manage the transition of a capability through the testing lifecycle and support the Governance Board structures that have been established to manage programmatic changes
• Gather information and provide analysis, advice, options, recommendations, or ideas in support of ISP management and integration
• Facilitate the communication and coordination of ISP issues in order to help manage customer service and expectations within the ISP operations.
• Support the ISP testing of production applications interfacing with other segments and/or COTS/GOTS applications in the enterprise architecture
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
• Troubleshoot system anomalies and perform monitor calibrations
• Perform diagnostic investigation of hardware and software faults
• Monitor system health * Support database monitoring and backups.
• Provide systems administrative support (e.g., create and maintain user accounts, system privileges, and passwords, add/remove users and accounts)
• Install, upgrade and maintain baselines as a part of on-going software maintenance plan (i.e., verify connectivity to the ingest libraries and clients, and COTS functionality after upgrades)
• Perform backups on servers
• Perform fast backup and restores on workstations
• Report system related problems in the trouble reporting system.
• Initiate system trouble tickets and discrepancy reports (problem reports)
• Perform and assist with DR/PR work off for closure
• Write technical investigations that take into consideration the uniqueness of the site's system configuration to report to the factory
• Attend planning and coordinating meetings
• Install, test, and troubleshoot vendor patches (OPSGRAMS, INFOGRAMS, etc.)
• Redline factory procedures
• Provide communication to factory of any issues or concerns
• Perform hardware maintenance repair and tracking
• Manage hardware installations and rearrangement
• Maintain documentation
• Submit status reports
• Assist users with any issues regarding imagery applications and databases
• Review workarounds and ensure they are documented in DR/PR
• Attend DR Daily meetings at tail-end of release
• Validate DR/PR priorities
• Provides support for maintenance and change requests of all
• Interacts with users in to support software and hardware transitions to include software installs hardware/software troubleshooting
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.