Job Description |
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Specific contract requiremenst:
The Security Control Assessor is responsible for conducting a comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an Information System (IS) to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls (i.e., the extent to which the controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome with respect to meeting the security requirements for the system).
SCAs also provide an assessment of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the IS and its environment of operation and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities.
Responsibilities will cover Collateral, Special Access Programs and/or SCI activities within the customer's area of responsibility.
The SCA will perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructures
- Perform analysis of network security, based upon the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG), DCID 6/3, DITSCAP, and/or DIACAP certification and accreditation/authorization and assessment processes (C&A/A&A); advise customer on Information Technology (IT) C&A/A&A issues
- Perform risk assessments and make recommendations to customers
- Advise the Authorizing Official (AO), Delegated Authorizing Official (DAO), Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO), and/or Program Security Officer (PSO) on assessment methodologies and processes
- Evaluate certification documentation and provide written recommendations for accreditation to government Program Managers (PMs)
- Periodically review system security to accommodate changes to policy or technology
- Evaluate IT threats and vulnerabilities to determine whether additional safeguards are needed
- Advise the government concerning the impact levels for confidentiality, integrity, and availability for the information on a system
- Ensure that certification is accomplished for each information system (IS)
- Develop, implement, provide guidance, and enforce Automated IS (AIS) security policies and procedures
- Ensure that all Information System Security Officers (ISSOs), network administrators, and other AIS personnel receive the necessary technical and security training to carry out their duties
Bachelors degree in a related discipline or four (8) years equivalent experience
7-9 years related experience (9 years minimum, if no degree)
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
Minimum of four (4) years of experience in SAP and/or SCI Security and the implementation of regulations identified in the description of duties.
- Must meet the DoD 8570.01/DoD 8140 IAM Level II compliant at date of hire.
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) vulnerability scanning software tools, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), and applying IA Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) patches
- Experience creating and maintaining various security documents such as the Security Control Plan/Vulnerability Security Review (SCP/VSR), System Backup and Recovery Plans (SBRP) and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) tables
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Knowledge of DITSCAP , RMF, DoD C&A processes, DoD 8500 (Cybersecurity) series and Common Criteria
- Experience in JAFAN 6/3 or ICD 503, Joint Special Access Programs Implementation Guide (JSIG) and NISPOM application as related to C&A
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
DoD Top Secret or DoD Secret Security Clearance (depending on position) and
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program (SAP) Information and/or
- Eligibility for Special Compartmented Information (SCI),
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph and
- Have a Periodic Reinvestigation no older than five (5) years.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.