Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-14278||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Falls Church||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
GDIT has an opportunity for a Help Desk Technician in the Information Technology field working with a large line of business within GDIT that is currently supporting multiple contracts for the government in the DC Metro area. Our customers include all branches of the DoD, as well as other branches of the Federal Government. This position provides an opportunity to be on the front line of service delivery to the Pentagon Force Protection Agency; serving in the hub of intake, coordination and support of end user requirements. The position is ideally suited for a motivated individual with interest to learn and grow in a dynamic operational environment.
The Help Desk Technician will perform the following tasks;
1. Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
2. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
3. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
4. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
5. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
6. Provides troubleshooting and support.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Logs and maintains user requests and incidents using Remedy tracking tool.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Support rotational bi-weekly on call Help Desk support requirement
12. Support System Administration and other support activities as required
13. Support management of queues and incident and service delivery reporting
14. Support distribution of service outage notification generation and distribution to stakeholders
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II requirements
• This position will be filled in either 1 st shift - (7AM-4PM or 8AM-5PM) or 2 nd Shift - 12PM-9PM*
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.