Job Description |
We are seeking a highly motivated and Database Administrator with knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle. Candidate must have skills in SQL Server database administration, Backup/Recovery, Performance, Installation & Patching. Candidate requires excellent communication and documentation skills. An ability to present at all levels to help sell the best in class solutions. Working knowledge of Windows, storage devices, networking, shell scripting a plus.
- Manage and maintain logical database structures, physical structures, data, file systems, disk sub-systems, accounts/passwords, logical and physical backups, and database tuning.
- Perform DBA tasks to install, configure, test, maintain, backup, recover, patch, and upgrade
- Perform database analysis, design, and implementation.
- Interface with Tech Support for information gathering, trouble-shooting, and general technical support for security patches, installs, upgrades, etc.
- Tune, administer, and maintain SQL Server instance according to set standards
- Develop and document procedures for backup and recovery of SQL Server database environments
- Patch, upgrade, and maintain all SQL Server binaries
- Scan all database instances and recommend security mitigations of vulnerabilities to the DBA team
- Provide risk assessment reports to management for accreditation of systems
- Document and implement security procedures
- Work within a close team construct and coordinate with various teams in a timely manner and in accordance with defined standards and practices.
- Communicate with project managers as to the progress of open items and work with other security specialists, the database group, or other infrastructure resources as needed
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5 - 7 years' experience in Database Administration, preferably SQL Server and Oracle
- Working knowledge of shell scripting
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivated to self-study new requirements
- Able to work well with other team members
- Excellent documentation skills
- Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Academic background in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus
- Strong organizational, analytical, and collaborative skills.
- Provide "after hours" support as required
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.