Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-14430||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Utah||City:||Sandy||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Administers the human resources activities for an office, Section or Program within a Division.
1. Participates in the administration of human resources activities for assigned office, group, sector or section within a Division, ensuring compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
2. Performs a variety of tasks in multiple functional areas of HR, including benefits, compensation, recruiting, professional development, and employee relations.
3. Performs clerical tasks such as copying, faxing, scanning, filing, word processing, and data entry.
4. Answers telephones, monitors HR email box, and assists walk-in employees in support of Human Resources staff.
5. Acts as a liaison between employees and HQ HR staff.
6. Prepares and processes Personnel Action Notices (PANs) and prepares associated documentation.
7. Runs queries and prepares various reports as requested by management. Maintains and updates tracking documents and spreadsheets.
8. Facilitates new hire orientation sessions, and prepare orientation packages.
9. Responds to unemployment claims, employment verifications, and routine employee inquiries.
10. Develops knowledge of relevant human resources procedures and practices, and relevant labor laws.
11. Travel to company locations and client sites may be required.
12. Participates in special projects in support of Human Resources Department.
Bachelors Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2+ years of related human resources experience is required
Basic knowledge of general human resources practices and procedures.
Basic knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations pertaining to the human resources function.
Effective administrative and organizational skills.
Effective communication skills.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.