Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-14545||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Wilkes-Barre||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
• Provides business and technical expertise to management and stakeholders to facilitate planning, set direction, define business initiatives, and develop solutions to business information systems needs and requirements.
• Must have the ability to work with the system analysts to translate business requirements to database structure as well has communicate the design to the front end development staff.
• Experience managing a highly transactional (millions of records daily) application with high availability goals.
• Must have a several year's experiences understanding Advanced Data Constructs and highly partitioned database design. (Oracle 11g - 12c experience a must)
• Must have good understanding of standard Web Application hardware stack under a Linux platform.(Preferable Java and IBM WebSphere)
• Facilitate design of business information systems that meet stakeholder requirements and are optimal problem solutions within cost and performance.
• Facilitate designs that strengthen application core performance and increase development staff capabilities. Help provide direction to training.
• Develop and execute system test plans to ensure business information systems, workflow, and processes meet stakeholder requirements.
• Knowledgeable of Agile development methodology and the SCRUM process.
• Must have experience/expertise in Microsoft Word, Visio and Project.
• Basic UNIX capabilities and shell scripting a must.
• Basic understanding of controlled nightly jobs and flat file processing as well as file transmission.
• The ability to work in a dynamic environment
• The ability to adapt to sudden modifications
• The ability to work independently or with a team
• The ability to make educated decisions regarding their projects
• 4-year Bachelor's degree in business, Information Technology, or related field (or equivalent experience)
• Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.