Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-14580||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Miami||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
1. Participates in the analysis, administration and maintenance of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Assists in managing the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in network installations and upgrades.
6. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
7. Provides advice and training to end-users.
8. Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex problems.
9. Develops current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
0-2 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
1. Basic knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
2. Basic knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
3. Basic knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
4. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
5. Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
6. Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
7. Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
8. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
9. Spanish speaker preferred. Ideal candidate will read, write, and speak Spanish fluently. Portuguese is a plus.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.