Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-14600||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs complex computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Defines systems objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet requirements.
4. Writes or updates software specifications.
5. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
6. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
7. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
8. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
9. Coordinates with client to define problem, determine data availability, report requirements, and resolve system design problems.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Field Service Representation:
The FSR functions will be located at the customer's headquarters in Tampa,
Florida, with a government option to deploy.
FSR duties include daily O&S responsibilities, as follows:
Software monitoring and situation.
Installation and configuration of software updates.
Installation of Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessment
(IAVA) COTS and GOTS patches as per NGA and DoD policy.
Service and database monitoring, shutdown, startup, and configuration.
Security scans and audits of system as per NGA and DoD policy.
Troubleshooting of DRs and customer identified problems.
Provide metrics on systems usage and storage availability (C016).
Maintenance of site configuration management documentation.
Identify, diagnose, and repair general software issues.
Assist in integration of other capabilities into the NODC architecture.
Facilitate the input, storage and dissemination of data.
Write basic scripts on Unix/Linux platforms to move data, update
databases, and perform other general administrative tasks.
Capture required statistics and metrics for the monthly Volumetric
Report (C013), Usage Report (C016), Security/Vulnerability Report
(C016), and CM Audit Reports (C017).
Provide on-site training to NODC NSG users on NODC hosted
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.