Job Description |
DCGS-A Sr Systems Analyst
Ft. Irwin, CA
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Writes or updates software specifications.
4. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
5. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
6. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
7. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
8. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
9. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
10. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
11. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Requirements / Skill Sets
- Configures and maintains user accounts; resolves user account issues for client workstations and servers.
- Maintains and installs Microsoft Windows operating systems software, patching, and upgrading.
- Maintains and installs Red Hat Linux operating systems software, patching, and upgrading.
- Maintains and installs ESXi operating systems software, patching, and upgrading.
- Maintains and installs VMWare application software, patching, and upgrading.
- Working knowledge of CISCO switches to include but not limited to setting up trunkports, Access Control Lists (ACL), and Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN).
- Able to provide military users and maintainers with over-the-shoulder training.
- Provides technical support, diagnoses, and resolves operating system problems.
- Provides technical support, diagnoses, and resolves network problems.
- Provides technical support to assist users with isolating hardware problems.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
- Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
- Codes applications and tests to software requirements.
- Responsible for backup and disaster recovery of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- As required, performs checks on applications and tools and resolves any errors to ensure availability.
- Experience with remote system administration software.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills and ability to work independently, with minimum direction; self-motivated and results-focused mindset are a must.
- Provides software sustainment and system readiness reporting data to customers and program management. Develop plans and schedules. Manage Security activities in specific areas as assigned.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Assist Information Assurance staff with all documentation required for accreditation and any other associated directives and regulations. Understands Information Assurance methodology and security principles.
- Perform Retina scans and implement information assurance security procedures and resolve findings.
- Performs post software installation upgrades and IAVA patching.
- Provide documentation and remediation for IA findings.
- Update IA required documentation to include; POAM and SVD.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
- CompTIA Security+ CE required
- Preferred CE: Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) (Server) 70-642 or 70-643 Desirable system/application experience:
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- DCGS-A baselines versions 3.1.x and 3.2.x.
- Hands-on experience with DCGS-A Mobile suite of systems to include but not limited to: ACT-E, IFS server stack, and PMFWS hardware/system components is highly desirable.
- Intelligence software applications such as ArcGIS suite, Multi-function Workstation, QueryTree, Distributed Integration Backbone (DIB) is highly desirable.
- JAVA and/or XML script creation. Requires active Top Secret /SCI clearance. Candidate must be able to maintain compliance with the standards of fitness requirement at all times throughout the period of performance of the task order.
- Applicant must be able to deploy to hazardous duty locations.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.