Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-14730||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Arizona||City:||Sierra Vista||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Provide Tier 1 EKMS/KMI system administration / Client Platform Administration (CPA) support to the EKMS CT1 System. S upport and assist in the development of operational contingency plans to be prepared for; failures in hardware and software, in existing or emerging systems, and in the event of catastrophic failure at any of the EKMS Tier 1 sites. T roubleshoot software issues for systems running to include: Solaris, Windows Software 2003 & 2008, VMS operating systems, and any future upgrades. M onitor the ongoing operation of a complex network environment with a large number of users with multi-layers of local and bulk encryption. Install software and associated updates as directed. Provide assistance to the government lead for issues dealing with the accreditation of the EKMS Tier 1 system.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Candidate must be able to obtain/maintain Top Secret/SSBI level clearance prior to start.
Candidate must posses DOD IAT-II level certification (Security+ CE, CASP, SSCP, CCNA-Security, etc.)prior to start.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.