Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-14747||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Texas||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
3. Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
4. Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
5. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required. Perform maintenance on Avaya Systems knowledge to include the G430/450's, S8300's, Modular Messaging , Message Application Servers, and Message Storage Servers.
Maintenance consists of trouble shooting, diagnosing and repairing user reported troubles, problems identified by the switch during the performance of nightly routines and performing monthly Preventative Maintenance Inspections IAW OEM guidelines.
Perform telephone moves, adds, and change (MAC) work when identified by users. This includes software programming within the switch consisting of but not limited to adding new features, stations, network groups to include T-1s, associated routing of those T-1s, and Automated Call Distribution (ACD) groups. Within the voice mail system this consists of adding new voice mail boxes, automated attendants, and changing existing automated attendants. Deleting within software existing stations, mailboxes, automated attendants, etc. Technician must have the technical knowledge to perform switch programming within Avaya Communication Manager architecture. Participate in site technical meetings related to the telephone switch to include guidance on use, adaptation, configuration and switch enhancements. Provide user training on telephone instruments, telephone features and the Modular Messaging voice mail systems.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
Avaya certification(s) desired:
• ACIS (Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist) for Avaya Aura Communication
• Avaya Aura Messaging.
8-10 years of related telecommunications experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.