Job Description |
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Senior Java Developer along the Gulf Coast in Bay St. Louis; MS.
Must be eligible for a DOD Secret Security Clearance. Active DOD Secret Security clearance preferred.
General Summary: Researches; designs; develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Skills and Abilities:
- Designs and codes software components; units; and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
- Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
- Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
- Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
- Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals; system documentation; and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems; such as storage capacity; processing speed; and input/output requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of software engineering principles; methods; and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware; software; and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required; depending on job.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs.
- Designs; codes; tests; debug and documents programs.
- Works at the highest technical level of all phases of applications; systems analysis and programming activities including the installation of enhancements; security features; and analytical tools.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced analysts/programmers.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
Required Skills; Qualifications or Experience:
- Experience with web based application development
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner to various audience levels (technical; managerial; customer)
Preferred Skills; Qualifications or Experience:
Working Conditions: The work is typically performed in an office environment; which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes or equipment. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. General Dynamics Information Technology; Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
- MatLab Commercial Software Package
- Agile Software Development
- DoD Software Development
- Relational Database Experience
- Understanding of network communications sufficient to support web service interaction
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.