Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-14854||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||Westwood||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
The Next Generation 911 (NG911) Engineering Program Manager responsibility includes planning, scheduling, and managing personnel, resources, and engineering work-load to ensure effective coordination of multiple customer and internal projects. Additionally, the engineering program manager is responsible for the monitoring of engineering deliverables for compliance to industry standards, company policies/practices, and customer specifications. The engineering program manager must possess sufficient technical knowledge of their programs to identify problems, provide guidance to staff, and be sure the work product fulfills requirements.
The engineering program manager's is expected to manage meetings with staff, clients, contractors, and other management. The position requires experience managing deadline-driven work and overseeing multiple time-lines on multiple projects. In addition to technical proficiency, the engineering program manager must be proficient in business and management principles, including financial management, budgeting, and personnel management, as well as procurement, policies, and contract negotiations. The engineering program manager must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate leadership. The engineering program manager must have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities, as well as problem-solving skills. Additional tasks include:
1. Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities using industry standard program management processes, methods, and tools.
2. Supervises daily tasking of technical staff assigned to programs, including subordinate supervisors, and provides inputs on personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
3. Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
4. Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
5. Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
6. Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of basis of effort, bill of material, technical and cost proposals.
7. Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
8. Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
9. Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
10. Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
11. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathmatics (STEM) discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Professional certification (PM) desired.
3. Technical certifications (Cisco, Microsoft, etc) also desired.
8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience in a information technology system engineering organization.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.