Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15090||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Chesapeake||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Applies basic welding processes to join; surface; fabricate; or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
1. Applies appropriate welding processes to join; surface; fabricate; or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
2. Works from blueprints; engineering sketches; charts or work orders.
3. Lays out and marks points on parts or subassemblies using rule; square; scribe or templates.
4. Positions pieces to be welded into jigs; holding fixtures; guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
5. Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced welders.
7. May serve as a team leader.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Technical or preferred.
3. One or more professional certifications may be required; depending on job assignment.
3-5 years of related welding experience.
• Must be able to obtain Rapid Gate Badge or CAC card for access to multiple naval bases; ships and facilities - Must be able to pass BGC for access to Huntington Ingalls Industries (Newport News Shipbuilding) - Must have working knowledge and und
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.