Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15100||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Springfield||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
The Active IT Program was established to provide the infrastructure services required to build out and maintain the client's facilities. The EMS ArcSight Sr. IA Analyst's expertise is needed to support a sophisticated ArcSight SEIM deployment.
What our team should strive for:
The EMS ArcSight team on the AIT program support security operations of our client. They:
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The EMS ArcSight Sr. Information Assurance Analyst responsibilities include:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
The Senior Information Assurance Analyst will use their knowledge of threat models and experience with forensic analysis to help our ArcSight team deploy advanced security tools. They will be responsible for requirements collection and event analysis in support of advanced users and new initiatives.
• Able to recognize and identify potential threats to the network and systems based on collected security logs.
• Experience with forensic traffic and log analysis
• Meet with business users to gather requirements and make recommendations for meeting customer requirements within the ArcSight SIEM
• Identify events of interest in compliance with local audit policy for filtering, correlation and forwarding to enterprise SIEM.
• Integrate data and event feeds with ArcSight SIEM and build custom parsing/flex connectors as necessary
• Determine how best to leverage ArcSight ESM to meet the strategic goals by defining "use cases"
• Guide the development of the specific content necessary to meet the organization's security operations goals, to include: the formation of content-specific queries, templates, reports, rules, alerts, dashboards, and workflows
• Have used network security analysis tools such as ArcSight, Snort, TCPDUMP, WireShark, etc.
• Train personnel on the use of ArcSight solutions
• Minimum 6 years in IT and Information Assurance
• Experience with JSON, HTML, and other scripting languages.
• Basic understanding of software/application development processes
• Experience building EC2 instances for development, test, and production environments
• In-depth experience in using ArcSight products, to include ArcSight Connectors, Logger, Event Security Manager (ESM), and/or Threat Response Manager (TRM).
• Ability to integrate data and event feeds with ArcSight SIEM and build custom parsing/flex connectors as necessary
• An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
• Hands-on developing & managing use cases and content (Dashboards, Active Channels, Reports, Rules, Filters, Trends, Active Lists, etc)
• Demonstrated ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
• DoD 8570.1 Compliant Information Security Certification(s), such as CISSP, ISSEP, GSEC, GCIA, GSLC, Security+ strongly desired
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.