|Job Ref:||2016-15143||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Alexandria||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
The EMS Engineer responsibilities include:
Performs installation, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the tools required to support Mark Center networks.
These include NetCool, InfoVista, Zenoss, CiscoWorks, and other network monitoring tools.
• Develops, implements, and executes standard procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and operation of the EMS tools including operating system security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle upgrade management
• Configure network tools to provide up-to-date operational and performance status of Mark Center networks and devices
• Support actions and activities on Solaris, Linux, and Windows operating systems as needed.
• Interfaces with IT Operations staff to adapt network tool capabilities to meet operational requirements.
• Tunes network tools performance and event data quality to maximized network system efficiency.
• Assists with analysis using network and other tools to detect and respond to network infrastructure events, incidents, and outages.
• Developing network tool configurations to meet analyst correlation requirements as well as performing event quality maintenance tasks
• Performing systems hardening to DoD Standards
• Apply vendor patches and new designs to keep products up-to-date and meet security requirements.
• Maintaining up to date documentation of designs/configurations
• Create Shell and Perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks
• Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest
• Working with software and hardware vendors
• On-call support may be required
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Must be Certified in Tivoli, NetCool, InfoVista
Comprehensive IT and business/industry technical knowledge with a minimum of eight (8) years progressively responsible experience in IT strategic planning, architecture design and deployment, systems life cycle management, infrastructure or communication systems planning, and operations. Demonstrated ability to influence key takeholders and technical personnel. Significant knowledge of business processes, competitive trends and developments in industry with ability to rapidly assess technology plans and product fit while ensuring an end to end enterprise focus. Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis/resolution techniques and engineering design capability. Demonstrated proficiency in the application of technical knowledge to solve information system-related business problems. Demonstrated effective oral, written and presentation communication skills; marketing and negotiation skills; and highest quality interpersonal and team building skills.
DoD TS/SCI is preferred, DoD Active Secret is required.
Knowledge or experience of the following is desired:
• Cisco ACS
• Edge Portal
• Oracle DB
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.