Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15248||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Springfield||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
The client's New Campus East (NCE) Active IT Program was established to provide the infrastructure services required to build out and maintain the NCE facilities. Virtual Desktop Operations (VDI) expertise is needed to support the O&S Team.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of thin clients, virtual and physical desktops.
• Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with PCs, software, communications devices
• Responds to End User requests for technical support and assistance within established procedures.
• Provide operational support for Active Directory and related network support equipment to ensure changes and maintenance did not interrup service to the customers.
• Provide support and assistance to System Administrator(s), Network Engineer(s) and Telecommunications Systems staff in the delivery of End User support and Systems Maintenance
• Assist in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures
• Responding to escalated requests for technical assistance •
Provides advice and training to tier 2 desktop support team /end-users
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
• Experience providing end user support through one or more Citrix XenDesktop or VMWare View suite of products, such as provisioning server, desktop delivery controller, virtual desktop images/target devices.
• Experience with Citrix XenDesktop provisioning server, to include: adding, allocating and managing vDisks for end-user devices.
• Troubleshooting and installation of Windows XP Professional/Vista/Windows 7
• Troubleshooting and installation of standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Reader, Citrix Receiver, etc.
• MCSE or MCITP (Windows Servers/Active Directory 2008 R2)
• Printer, Fax, and Scanner setup and troubleshooting
• VMware ESX 3.5/4.0/5.0 or other Hyper Visor experience - Highly Desired
• Remedy Experience a plus
• Thin Client using Virtual Desktop Interface Technology
• Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
• Experience with AppSense Product Suite
• Security+ or CISSP
• Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.