|Job Ref:||2016-15253||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Arizona||City:||Sierra Vista||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Analyzes, administers, and maintains telecommunications systems.
1. Evaluates, analyzes, administers and maintains voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
3. Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.
4. Manages installation of equipment.
5. Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.
6. Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts and Technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
8-10 years of related telecommunications experience.
2 years military/occupational training or relevant professional certification.
10 years in two or more relevant specialties such as Microwave, Satellite Earth Terminals Installation and Testing, and SATCOM Facilities: electrical and mechanical.
Experienced in troubleshooting waveguide related problems.
Proficient in the use of common test equipment (e.g., digital test sets, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers) and in testing communications equipment/systems and following standard test procedures.
Proficient in troubleshooting problems with SATCOM/telecommunications equipment to include system interfaces and in trouble-shooting and activating circuits.
Experience with AN/GSC-52B Satellite Communications Terminal (MET) installation, configuration, and testing preferred.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.