Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15277||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Falls Church||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
We are seeking an energetic, talented individual with a demonstrated ability to excel and a desire to take their career to the next level in Asset and Inventory Management in their role as an Asset/Logistics Analyst. The selected candidate will lead the IT asset management effort by coordinating the receipt and distribution of physical IT assets; tracking and maintaining both hardware and software purchases and warranty/maintenance agreements; and promoting a culture of property accountability. The ideal candidate supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
1. Analyzes standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
2. Develops logistics plans in order to coordinate distribution of IT assets during life cycle replacement efforts.
3. Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and accountability.
4. Conducts distribution studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
2-5 years of related experience in logistics, asset/inventory management, and/or supply chain management.
All items listed below are requirements for consideration of employment:
1. All candidates must be US citizens and hold a minimum Secret security clearance.
2. BS/BA degree for an accredited university.
3. Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
4. Willingness to work flexible hours. The IT business does not always offer a standard 9-5 schedule; all candidates must be willing to perform work during normal business hours or as required for project delivery.
5. There is no telework option on the program except in the rare event of severe weather.
6. On site primary work location is the Bailey's Crossroads area in Falls Church, VA and the GSA warehouse in Franconia, VA; additional occasional travel may be required to the Pentagon, Mark Center, or alternate sites in the National Capitol Region (NCR) where IT assets are located.
7. The ideal candidate has a strong desire to extend themselves to learn all facets of the IT business and contribute to the growth of the business.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.