Job Description |
General Dynamics, Health and Civil Solutions Division, is hiring individuals with advanced skillsets in cyber security to develop and operate cyber security capabilities for variety of federal customers. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, be able to work independently and as part of a team, and demonstrated leadership capabilities. Solution and proposal development is a very important aspect of this position. Flexibility in work locations and daily duties is a must.
Candidates must be willing to submit resumes to be included in the final proposal submission. Employment is contingent upon contract award.
- Develops technical cyber security solutions in response to customer requests or in support of proposal solution development
- Support documentation of all business and workflow processes in this area
- Coordinate, and possibly facilitate, appropriate meetings, forums and/or workshops to support this area
- Researches, evaluates, recommends, designs, tests, and implements and maintains new security technologies and supporting infrastructure
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems
- Prepares functional specifications from which systems will be procured and implemented
- Participates in the technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of systems deployment and enhancements
- Prepares and maintains technical user guides, standard operating procedures, systems/network documentation and diagrams
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Serves as a technical team or task lead
- Serves as liaison with various customers (internal and external)
- Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs
- Planning, organization, scheduling and progress reporting of various projects.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- B.S. in related discipline
- 8-15 years of experience in a technical field
- Experience with network/host-based security systems (e.g. IDS/IPS, DLP), centralized logging systems, Security Information Event Management (SIEM) technologies, packet capture, or threat intelligence systems
- Excellent teamwork skills to collaborate with a diverse team of skilled systems engineers and management personnel
- Excellent communications skills to articulate complex technical solutions or issues
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Master's Degree in a related discipline
- Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX-based system administration, network management and enterprise systems management.
- Past experience in the installation, configuration, securing, and maintain ing Microsoft and UNIX-based operating systems and associated directories (e.g. Active Directory, LDAP). Should have deep systems integration skills, especially with VMWare, SAN, and clustered/HA environments.
- Desirable Certifications: CISSP, CISM, GCWN, GCUX, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSMP, CISSP-ISSEP, PMP