Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15353||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Fort Belvoir||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
The Sr System Administrator duties are to include updating GPO's.
Administering of Windows Server 2008, Server 2012 r2 and Windows 7.
Diagnose and rectify server issues.
Diagnose and rectify server issues and execute functional escalations to appropriate resources
Support for maintenance and change requests of all "user facing" devices and systems.
Assist team members by providing input, either written or verbal, to program deliverables including, but not limited to trade studies, white-papers, presentations, and hardware and software requirements to support customers and "other" services..
Engage other service lanes for remediation of work issues and flow
Engages in the day-to-day operations of a network support center or help desk.
Participate in the planning and implementing of software and/or systems upgrades and modifications.
Engages installation, testing, and setup of new software.
Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience..
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
CompTia Security Plus Required.
Within 3 months of assignment, be DOD 8570 certified with a MCSA. ADDITIONAL/UNIQUE
REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of: Windows 7, Windows 10, and Server 2008 and Server 2012.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.