Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15355||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
• Provides liaison to SOF Communications Professionals as it pertains to operations, installation, maintenance and reporting support to the customer Wide Area Network (WAN), satellite telecommunications infrastructure and SOFTACS systems. Candidate will liaison to ensure full interoperability and seamless connectivity between all SCAMPI garrison and SOF deployable tactical communications systems
• Provide necessary services and logistical support required for installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining scalable satellite communication devices (i.e. SDN-L/M gateways, BGAN, MICROSAT, GATR, & SCOSS antenna systems)
• Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments
• Analyze network performance, conduct statistical tests, and create solutions to network problems
• Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
• Coordinate tasks such as monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot shipboard commercial and military satellite communications networks to include troubleshooting the Enhanced Bandwidth Efficient Modem (EBEM)/Ethernet Service Expansion Module (EBSM), and iDirect Remote Modem for TDMA networks
• Coordinate the Installation, monitoring and maintenance of shipboard LAN/WAN connectivity to the SOF Information Enterprise LAN/WAN infrastructure.
• Coordinate the support of VPN services, to include the provision, monitoring, and management of methods for remote users and mission partners to securely connect to the NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and JWICS, to include dedicated site-to-site VPN connectivity on a shared public IP network.
• Analyze the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications over FDMA/TDMA IP over Satellite Networks.
• Provide integration and administration of network encryption devices.
• Interface with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
• Perform site surveys, technical planning, systems integration and customer coordination meetings.
• Review operational configuration files for accuracy and correctness as required IAW operational requirements
• Conduct proof of concept testing of hardware, software, and services
• Manage multiple tasks cross-functionally across internal and external teams work internally with Project Managers to design, identify, recommend, and coordinate network solutions for the SOF Communicator
• Provide information from various phases of projects, develop briefing products and materials for presentation to senior leadership
• May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users
• May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
• Participates in special projects as required
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification required
• Current DoDD 8570.01 IAT 2 certification required
• ITIL v3 Foundations certification preferred
• 5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
• Minimum (2) years' experience in a direct SATCOM role
• Strong communication skills (written & oral)
• Ability to deal with customers at all levels in stressful situations
• Extremely knowledgeable of the Navy working environment to include naval vessel protocols, shipboard installation requirements and daily operations
• Extensive knowledge of SATCOM principles and technique.
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support of routers and switches.
• Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
• Shipboard commercial and military satellite communications systems experience
• Recent experience with military cryptographic equipment
• Working knowledge of SCAMPI equipment, SDN-L/M gateways, and network encryption devices.
• Ability to test/terminate various copper and fiber-optic cabling
• This position may require shift and weekend work
• This position may require deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations worldwide, and may include hazardous duty areas
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.