Job Description |
The Business Solutions Leader (BSL) is responsible for the technology development, implementation and maintenance of all business applications and services. The Business Solutions Leader will use industry best practices for all aspects of program management, project management and systems development to ensure dependable, high quality and efficient delivery of all global solutions.
Business solutions will be designed to enable business strategies. Close cooperation and teamwork with our business partners is required sharing responsibilities for the overall delivery. The BSL and their team will focus a) on specific business capability and solution delivery and a) contribute to innovative business process improvements in close cooperation with our business partners. The BSL will need to create a team of Domain IT program leaders (with business relationship responsibility), solution architects and business analysts. The IT Program leaders will provide strong leadership to create and continuously improve this environment of respected partnership with the business and IT teams.
- Develop effective relationships with all business stakeholders on all levels and become a trusted partner and advisor through dependable delivery and business contributions.
- Demonstrate effective leadership in the development and structuring of the BSL group as part of GDIT organization aligned to the overall IT vision and strategy.
- Establish a successful collaboration model with divisional key stakeholders (typically division business operations leaders) and divisional CTOs.
- Set-up and chair business roundup meetings as one of the main new key communications and governance bodies for aligning business capabilities and roadmaps for solution development.
- Provide clear and up to date reports on the implications, risks and resource requirements for fulfilling agreed business capability program plans according to agreed scope, budget, quality and timelines.
- Facilitate implementation of standard governance across all business capability programs; ensure business partners are educated and trained in programme processes and tasks (e.g. requirements engineering).
- Develop for each business capability program and in cooperation with the business partners a systems portfolio, with strategic functionality roadmaps for each system.
- Oversee regular health checks and seek opportunities to standardize, simplify and reduce duplication and complexity.
- Ensure the delivery of all global solutions with the committed functionality, on time and on budget.
- Implement program and project management methodology and disciplines consistently across all business capability programs in collaboration with the S&P leader.
- Run new business systems with the service management methodology and disciplines consistently across all business capability programs in collaboration with business application owners, EA, and TI&O.
- Ensure high quality and dependable delivery.
- Ensure all project related IT resources and budgets are available.
- Develop solutions with optimal use of 3rd party software components; leverage 3rd party services for non-core IT activities.
- Ensure IT solutions comply with technology and data standards and fit within the overall IT architecture working collaboratively with the Enterprise Architect.
- Develop and continuously improve a high performing business solutions organization
- Work closely with the Infrastructure & Operations Leader to create a seamless process and operational framework to hand over solutions from development to operations.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders for deployment of all new solutions.
Opportunity for working from home• (partial)
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes 25%)
Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BA, BS) or equivalent experience. MBA desirable.
15 or more years of related information technology experience, including management experience.
- Ability to provide a strategic vision and strategies for the Business Solutions organization.
- Proven record of successfully leading large and complex global operations.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Display a strong customer focused background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking capability.
- Ability to identify competitive and technology usage trends, to understand their implications and to react accordingly.
- Proven track record in rapid growth environment situations
- Demonstrate ability to embrace new and innovative technologies for the benefit of GDIT
- Display excellent attention to detail.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop self & others through continuous learning, sharing best practices, knowledge and expertise.
- Experience with key solutions & vendors include: collaboration (MS SharePoint, Lync/Skype for Business, Outlook) Oracle financials, etc
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.