Job Description |
- Develop and conduct protocol-driven scientific research addressing various aspect of military medicine, including, but not limited to: hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, directed energy bioeffects, and bioassay
- Provide support to government scientist in writing protocol-driven research proposal, animal use protocol, human use protocols, technical report, final reports, and peer-reviewed
- Evaluate data sets (provided by the government and collected by the contractor); develop presentation materials, Standard Operating Procedures, and present findings at technical and professional meetings.
- Prepare experimental subjects, set-up experimental equipment, and aid in training and development of experimental subjects for experimental procedures in accordance with approved animal or human use protocols.
- Provide support in development of establishment of in vivo and in vitro model systems, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- To serve as an advisor to junior scientists and as a resource person for other team members.
- PhD in Environmental Health Sciences, Chemistry, Physiology, Neurophysiology, Neuroscience, Immunology, Microbiology, Occupational Epidemiology, Physiology, Toxicology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related field. (Masters with 6+ years' experience will be considered).
- Experience presenting and writing peer-reviewed scientific articles.
- Knowledge of preparation and presentation of scientific articles including formatting, writing, and graphic presentations.
- Ability to produce ready-to-publish articles with review for scientific content only.
- Previously worked as an Assistant Professor or Adjunct Professor at the university level.
- Experience serving as Principal Investigator and/or team leader. Ability to assume responsibility for and have knowledge of all phases of the research process, including problem definition, planning, budget formulation execution, and analysis, interpretation, and reporting of findings.
8-10 years of related experience in scientific research and analysis.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.