Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15479||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Vienna||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
General Dynamics Information Technology is currently seeking a highly skilled Sr. Business Administrator who will be able to perform a variety of administrative duties in support of our Customer. The candidate will perform; but will not be limited to; the following responsibilities:
• Serve as the primary liaison between the designated Senior Executive manager; other Senior Executive managers; other managers; and staff.
• Manage the workflow of multiple critical issues within a continuously adapting scheduling for the assigned Senior Executive; cognitive of the criticality; sensitivity; and confidentiality of the issues both internally and externally within the customer's organization; Congress; other Intelligence Community organizations; and the private sector.
• Maintains an awareness of internal structural levels and hierarchy within the organization by being cognizant of internal and external executive interrelationships; styles and methods of operations.
• Performs a comprehensive range of direct executive office support for a designated Senior Executive.
• Maintains a schedule of appointments that involves determining the importance of the issues for each meeting and following protocol procedures for contacting principals.
• Anticipates and researches topics that are of interest to the Senior Executive and prepare background books and/or talking points papers; as needed.
• Monitors and coordinates systemic impacts of email for action items and gleans items from staffing meetings and weekly reports that require action; creates a system to generate reminders of completion deadlines.
• Assists and relieves the assigned Senior Executive of a variety of complex executive office support functions involving contact and exposure to highly critical; sensitive; and confidential information.
• Drafts and prepares non-routine letters; memos; documents; and various reports requiring comprehensive knowledge of customer's methods; policies; regulations; procedures; and organization for the Senior Executive's signature.
• Answers phones; places; screens; and refers calls to appropriate resources; takes messages and follows-up accordingly to ensure adequate resolution of issues and concerns.
• Prepares for visitors by initiating or passing any needed security clearances and escorts visitors as needed.
• Researches and prepares background information and/or talking points papers; as needed on the meeting attendees and/or topics of interest for the meeting.
• Disseminates the executive's schedule to appropriate staff and acts as liaison between the Senior Executive and others.
• Receives; sorts; and screens incoming mail; categorizes and prioritizes response needed. Uses initiative to prepare responses for signature and to assemble background information from a variety of sources.
• Summarizes lengthy correspondence; highlighting keys issues; topics or sentences; follows up to ensure proper and timely action taken as needed.
• Develops and maintains accurate records and file management systems.
• Makes appointments; travel arrangements; and itineraries; assembles or ensures that packets of information or briefing materials are prepared. Accurately prepares expense statements. Assists and informs Senior Executive of problems that arise during absences.
• Maintains an efficient office environment; may include assisting in the ordering of supplies; arranging for the repair of office equipment; initiating the installation of new software; or participating in the planning and implementation of office renovation projects.
Position requires active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
Customer Requirement: Bachelor's Degree; or equivalent degree; in a directly related field of study.
5-8 years of related administrative and analytical experience.
Customer Requirement: At least 7-10 years of progressively responsible administrative support experience; comparable to work performed as a mid to senior level Executive Assistant; and more than 3 years working within the IC or with the customer specifically.
• Greater than 10 years of administrative support experience; performed as a mid to senior level Executive Assistant with the majority working within the Intelligence Community or with the customer specifically.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule determine by work assignments that may require extended hours.
• Ability to obtain extensive knowledge of the customer; the Intelligence Community; and other government agencies and other inter-relationships; Ability to obtain extensive knowledge of customer and Intelligence Community regulations; policies; and unique
**NOTE: This position will be moving to Bethesda, MD in October 2016 timeframe.
• Ability to obtain extensive knowledge of the customer, the Intelligence Community, and other government agencies and other inter-relationships; Ability to obtain extensive knowledge of customer and Intelligence Community regulations, policies, and unique authorities.
• Ability to obtain working knowledge of component operations sufficient to anticipate administrative support plans in coordination with component management and assigned executive suite.
• Extensive knowledge of protocol, precedence, organizational rules, regulations, and policies.
• Extensive knowledge of MS Office Suite applications and other current computer applications, internal transactional applications, and the Internet.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers' routine to highly complex questions in a clear and concise manner.
• Excellent customer service skills, demonstrated by developing working relationships and networks with division/component managers, staff, external resources, and colleagues.
• Extensive knowledge of correct English usages, spelling, punctuation, and proofreading skills.
• Extensive knowledge of filing and records management systems and practices.
• Considerable knowledge of quality assurance procedures to ensure data integrity and timeliness of the data.
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality within the office.
• Ability to develop creative approaches and alternatives to the resolution of issues and problems.
• Ability to interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds.
• Ability to work independently at a brisk pace, make urgent judgment decisions, and to take the correct action.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work requirements and priorities, maintaining flexibility and versatility.
• Ability to represent the Senior Executive(s) to both internal and external customers.
• Ability to review several diverse reference sources and select and synthesize data for reports and other forms of correspondence.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.