Job Description |
Analyzes user needs and performs research and functional analysis on a suite of AWIS modules. Accountable for the module life cycle with respect to overall module intent and the detailed requirements. As a representative of the AWIS Program, serves as the customer liaison and has the responsibility of managing customer's expectations related to module functionality. This includes having ownership of the annual budget for module sustainment and enhancements within their Working Group.
The following are duties related to customer focus:
- Act as customer interface/proxy for existing modules
- Manage customer expectations. This includes informing customers of AWIS processes, budget constraints and project status.
- The following are duties related to requirements:
- Serve as Module champion - managing scope and module intent
- Serve as Requirements Analyst for all assigned modules
- Define business needs
- Elicit requirements through the use of various techniques including interviews, facilitated requirements workshops, document analysis, surveys, customer site visits, process analysis, and work flow analysis
- Lead validation of documented specifications
- Facilitate requirements prioritization
- Participate in Requirements Reviews
- Collect, understand and document initial customer requirements in support of concept development
- Approve the Vision and Scope Document
- Manage incoming Problem Reports (PRs) (triage, approval for work, and priority setting)
- The following are duties related to project management:
- Provide input and concur with yearly Ordnance Performance Optimization Model (OPOM) budget submissions (Enhancement and Sustainment).
- Manage Work Group and Module budgets on a regular basis.
- Approve work based on available budget.
- Approve Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and any re-estimate
- Manage priorities/risks/issues across Work Group.
- Identify and record Work Group and Module risks, mitigation strategies and issues.
- Arrange for and collect outside funding for projects
- Regularly monitor project schedule & performance and participate in project planning/status meetings
- Provide overall Work Group status to peers and upper management using tools such as the Executive Summary Report.
- Additional organizational duties include the following:
- Continuously strive towards and promote the goals & objectives of the AWIS Program
- Understand, support and implement AWIS processes and procedures as they apply to the role
- Provide training on modules, both internally & externally
- Reviews software design for readability, requirements coverage, and standards inclusion
- Reviews Test Plan
- Participate in development of the AWIS Technology Upgrade Plan
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.