Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15495||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||-||City:||Augusta||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Senior Systems Administrator
Ft. Gordon, GA
TS/SCI Clearance Required
Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks.
Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring; security; Operating System (OS) installation; and other local area system administration related functions.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience. Additional 4 years work experience substituted for Bachelor Degree.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
DOD 8570.01-M IAT LEVEL II certification - Windows Server 2008 Active Directory; Configuring 70-640 (Desired); Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 70-410 (Desired) - MCSA/MCITP 2008 or MCSA/MCSE 2012 (preferred)
Preferred Experience with the following:
• VMware vSphere 5/6 administration
• Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server 2008/2012; Windows XP/7; etc.)
• Active Directory (2008/2012) group policies design and implementation
• Implementing and supporting Microsoft BackOffice products (Exchange; SharePoint; Lync; SMS)
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to coordinate computer network access and use.
• Working knowledge of server hardware (RAID; clustering; virtualization; etc.)
• TCP/IP protocol; DHCP; DNS; etc
• Knowledge of MS Forefront Identity Management a plus
• Microsoft SQL 2008/2012 and MySQL administration a plus
• PowerShell a plus
• Understanding of IT Security best practices to meet DOD STIGs
Please note: This role may involve some physical activity; standing or sitting for long periods of time; assisting with assembly/disassembly of IT Equipment; etc....
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.