Job Description |
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of all networks within ECS responsibilities using PVP, PVC, SPVC, OSPF, BGP, and MPLS networking protocols.
- Works with the GNOC Tier III technicians to provide "touch maintenance" on complex issues as required to restore outages and equipment faults
- Administration includes installing and configuring network, communications, and encryption devices; providing preventative maintenance to inspect, clean, and repair equipment before a mechanical failure of the device occurs
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards
- Responsible to perform network diagnostics and assessments to determine fault isolation and execute correction actions on a real-time basis.
- Knowledge of Cryptographic equipment and encryption management software.
- Provide training and advice to Tier I and II level personnel.
- Interface with senior contractor staff to provide technical guidance on network installations, configuration management, and solutions.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades as well as implements engineering solutions ensuring effective and efficient network operations.
- Drafting documentation of all circuit information; equipment and cabinet/rack elevations
- Perform equipment upgrade actions to improve or enhance equipment operations
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output and related equipment
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance
- Candidate will support a specific network team for a rotational period of roughly 6 months before rotating to a new network team. Teams include JWICS, Black Core, SIPR, NIRP, StoneGhost, and other customer network teams as assigned. Candidate may also be assigned as a lead for a team.
- Coordinating with vendors on "in warranty" service for covered equipment
- Repairing, replacing, removing, upgrading, testing and/or coordinating fix actions for "out of warranty" equipment that could not be resolved at the Tier I or Tier II level
- Coordinate with DISA and other Telecommunications Service Providers regarding complex fault isolations and circuit installations and activations
- Must use the customer ticketing system to track all work performed
- Travel is required, candidates will be required to travel locally as well as CONUS/OCONUS for support as required
- Submit After Action Reports (AAR) as warranted and provide customer briefings on operational issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- Requires an IAT Level II Certification.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.