Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-13265||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||San Diego||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
• Monitor the quality of input an d output of the inventory management system and recommend system and programming changes to improve timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of the inventory information in support of the customer/user.
• Maintains visibility of NSWG-1 Communications and IT inventories. Ensures NSWG-1 Command and subordinate Commands' inventories are maintained, updated, and accurate in accordance with NSWC policies and instructions.
• Provides advice and assistance to customers/users; troubleshoots complex problems in inventory management systems (SWALLIS); and provides support in a manner that minimizes interruptions in users' ability to carry out critical inventory management business activities.
• Identify areas where additional customer training and assistance are needed and initiates appropriate action, such as defining new training requirements. Provide group and individual training to support inventory management system updates and technologies.
• Develop, update, and maintain a comprehensive list of technical issues and corresponding resolutions.
• Manage accounts and access to inventory management system and equipment.
• Familiar with Accountable Property System of Record (APSR) inventory management systems within the Naval Special Warfare Command and Department of Defense.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
Must have a Secret clearance
At least 2 years of technical experience. Subject matter expert in inventory management concepts, practices, and procedures, to include government and industry best practices.
Must be familiar with Accountable Property System of Record (APSR) inventory management systems within the Department of Defense.
Ability to apply practical knowledge of commonly applied telecommunications principles, concepts, and methodologies to perform independent work.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks.
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.