Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-13298||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Arizona||City:||Sierra Vista||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Coordinates testing of designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Senior level expertise in large scale applications of RDBMS in high availability clustering environment, demonstrated through experience with products such as MS SQL Server with Always On Clustering, IBM DB2, Oracle Real Application Clusters 11g with Grid Infrastructure Administrator, or Oracle Database 10g Real Applications Cluster.
Experience in developing system documentation and process documentation.
Senior level expertise with Enterprise Class Relational Database Management Systems; recent experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database products; knowledge of MS Windows Server Operating Systems supporting Microsoft SQL Server.
Documented experience in at least three of these skill areas: System Analysis and Design; Physical Disk Storage; Data Security; Backup and Recovery; and Change Control Management.
Storage Area Network (SAN) knowledge and experience - (Fibre channel, iSCSI, NFS).
Experience with Microsoft Office, to include MS Project and Visio.
Systems analysis, evaluation, integration, testing, and documentation expertise.
At least one (1) of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Masters MCM SQL
Server 2008, MCITP SQL Server (2008, 2012), MCTS SQL Server (2008, 2012)
Requires IAT Level III Certification - CISSP, CASP CE, GCIH, or CISA