Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15507||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Springfield||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:18|
Job Description |
Systems Administrator with experience providing Tier I through Tier III end user support and Systems Administration. Responsible for resolving user issues in a worldwide enterprise environment. A strong working knowledge of networking support experience is also desired.
1. Configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting Windows 2008 servers and Windows 7 workstations in a network domain environment.
2. Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting an Ethernet, TCP/IP with DHCP network.
3. Maintaining Microsoft Exchange Mail server and user accounts.
4. Installing, terminating and testing multi-mode Fiber Optic (ST, SC, LC) and CAT-5/6 cabling.
5. Monitoring and maintaining enterprise backup / replication systems.
6. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies, as assigned.
7. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
8. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
9. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
10. Maintains system documentation
11. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
12. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
13. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
14. May program in an administrative language.
15. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
16. Provides advice and training to end-users.
17. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
18. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
19. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
20. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Desired qualification of Certified MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer) through a recognized professional or educational organization.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.