Job Description |
We seek an experienced Senior Network Administrator to manage all current and planned systems that support our customer's COTS applications including network and system design, implementation, and management.
Currently all network management is done via command line interface. The agency is planning to implement Radius within the next year.
To be successful in this position you need to be collaborative and willing to work within a team. While you will need to be a self-starter completing tasks on your own, working together is critical in this role. You will be interfacing with the client and senior staff. Therefore you should be articulate in your communications because your opinion matters. You will need to explain technical intricacies in a way that is easily understood.
- With minimum guidance provides senior-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex network support.
- Upgrading, documenting, and testing of the LAN operating system(s) and its components IAW the Army Gold Master to ensure that they are operating correctly.
- Upgrading, documenting, and testing of all baselines created to ensure that it is operating correctly.
- Collaborate with internal and external personnel, Network Enterprise Centers, Theater Network Operations Centers and DISA to identify and resolve any connectivity or latency issues across the CONUS and OCONUS VPN architecture.
- LAN/WAN/VPN administration, operation, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Manage and monitor the LANs, VPNs and WAN.
- Develop performance and throughput benchmarks for the LANs, VPNs and WAN.
- Troubleshoot and develop recommendations to resolve network problems such as bandwidth bottlenecks and server downtime.
- Develop and implement software upgrade strategies.
- Maintain a configuration management process that defines and documents network procedures; naming conventions; and protocols for managing hardware, software, and users for each field site and the operations center.
- Upgrade, configure, and ensure correct operations of the network monitoring system using the network monitoring tools.
- Contributes to the design of architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures.
- Determines and identifies high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture.
- Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades.
- Creates detailed design specifications for use by staff members.
- Interacts with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction.
- Create, manage, and monitor maintenance plans and procedures that take into consideration operating environment limitations
- Coordinate with other system administrators
- Evaluate and install new patches, and system upgrades
- Perform operations in a manner that minimizes impact on application downtime
- Plan, test, and implement initiatives to incorporate new technologies not currently present within the client environment
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues
- Coordinate with other teams to diagnose and correct issues
- Communicate with program manager and government leads as to the progress of open items and work with security specialists and other infrastructure resources as needed
- Establish procedures for COOP
- Security and STIGs
- Document, implement, and maintain security policies in accordance with DISA STIG requirements
- Implement mitigations of security vulnerabilities in response to IAVAs
- Support auditing requirements
- Create documentation required for Release Management Framework (RMF)
- Complete planning and documentation prior to new integration or implementation
- Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Maintain and document configurations
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support
- Experience with Cisco switches, ASAs, and routers to include installation, configuration, upgrade, and troubleshooting
- Experience with administering systems in a government environment a plus
- Experience working with multiple entities such as NECs, 2RCC, and JSP a plus
- Experience with network management via command line interface
Certification and clearance requirements:
- Current active Secret Clearance.
- Must meet DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II requirements prior to start of work, including IA Baseline and computing environment certifications
- Minimum certifications (must be current - include expiration dates in resume)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Routing and Switching
- Security+ce or CCNA-Security
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and decision making capabilities, including understanding user requirements, troubleshooting technical issues, successfully resolving issues and challenges, and developing creative solutions for process improvement
- Experience applying STIGs to network devices
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Strong teamwork and engagement as a project team member.
- Ability to assimilate information rapidly, motivated to self study new requirements
- Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts; practices and procedures.
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned
- Adapt to changes in requirements and new projects
- Maintain and upgrade certifications
- Client Site, Fort Belvoir, VA
- The facility is open from 6 am - 6 pm
- Core work hours are 9am - 3pm
- No telework allowed
- Travel is required (approximately 25%) - includes OCONUS travel
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.