Job Description The Logistics Co-ordinator, reporting into a senior member of the Material Logistics Unit, will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of existing and future manufacturing schedules, delivering Logistics Management activities and ensuring customer programmes are met in a timely manner.|
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Ideal Candidate
- Ensure the timely and cost effective provisioning of parts and internal services.
- Encompass areas of activity associated with supply chain management.
- Define and control the detailed manufacturing plan such that inventory and work-in progress are maintained at the minimum levels consistent within a lean manufacturing facility.
- Provide written and verbal information on the status of the plan and achievements to date.
- Tactically manage collaborative and preferred suppliers of bought out items, in order that material flows satisfy programme requirements whilst minimising stock levels.
- Attend and contribute to review meetings.
- Contribute to the implementation of proposed task directive changes or new or amended orders, regarding their effect on inventory and programme.
- Advise on manufacturing best practice as part of a team, and actively take part in process improvements.
- Deploy planning tools and have the flexibility to use and develop new methods of working within a continually changing environment.
- Be responsible for the movement of hardware through the manufacturing process.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to take responsibility, results-orientated and demonstrate an attention to detail and accuracy. Competencies such as resilience, influencing, interpersonal skills and customer focus are essential to the role. A good understanding of health and safety procedures necessary for safe functioning of a team and how to escalate to more senior levels is also necessary.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.
- Previous experience of logistics or an associated discipline (essential)
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases (essential)
- Experience with an Enterprise Planning System such as SAP (essential)
- ESD training (desirable)
- Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems (desirable)