Test Engineer Purpose of the Job|
Supporting the technical interactions with Bombardier Rolling Stock team.
This role is responsible for supporting the Lead Test Engineer in delivering the following aspects of performance:
- Interact with the contractor applications engineers, the project management team, the T&C team, the Chief Engineer's Group (CEG), RfL and other affected stakeholders to develop a strong community understanding of the planning, preparation and project testing objectives.
- Develop the design of the simulator create test conditions - through the management of a small team of test engineers - as well as overseeing the development of scenarios, scripts and cases to address the technical route train control system requirements
- Oversee the use of existing tools and techniques to generate test scenarios; as well as build scripts and cases for the candidate, as a contribution to the testing/validation function
- Perform the analysis of simulation test results.
- Document, record and escalate issues as appropriate, working in cooperation with the T&C team and the Technical Assurance Requirements Management and Configuration Management representatives, enlisting and assisting the CEG representation where required.
- Knowledge of rail industry train control simulation and testing work processes.
- Ability to effectively organise and manage a project team in a matrix organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Control (including change control), including standard office tools, records, requirements and configuration management.
- Understanding of engineering software and hardware requirements management and configuration control.
- Strong reporting and communication skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the specialist language, equipment, tools, methodologies, products and processes used in train control and systems engineering aspects of railway systems.
- Knowledge of the relevant CENELEC EN 501 standards as they relate to railway systems.
- Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the train control, vital communications and rail signalling disciplines.
- Rail experience which includes good testing and commissioning experience and preferably has included design experience.