We are recruiting for Mechanical Craftsman to be based at Worcestershire Royal Hospital on a temporary basis. Candidates must have DBS clearance. General Overview: |
- To undertake a proactive role in carrying out maintenance, repairs and inspection of mechanical, electrical and associated building services. All in accordance with relevant standards and operational procedures and in compliance with legislation and guidance.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on mechanical and associated building services in accordance with the PPM programme and personal competence and training.
- Respond in a timely manner to ad-hoc breakdown requests as identified by supervisor / manager or as a minimum, as per site contract.
- Assist in Carrying out installation work involved in minor upgrading and adaptation works.
- Assist in Carrying out systematic fault finding in a logical and safe manner on malfunctioning equipment.
- Carry out duties in accordance with safe working practices within statutory and Company guidelines.
- Safely operate all types of access equipment, hand and power tools in accordance with health & safety and manufacturers' guidelines.
- Ensure the correct use of personal protective equipment and adherence to health & safety and infection control procedures.
- Maintain records as and when appropriate and as required, whether written or electronic.
- Ensure liaison with Wards and Departments as required, ensuring there is minimum disruption whilst carrying out work.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Undertake training where necessary to learn other skills and to maintain and develop the requirements of the service.
- Carry out risk assessments on-site as instructed by supervisor / manager.
- Previously worked within a maintenance environment.
- NVQ Level 3 in Maintenance Services or Equivalent
- Worked on Mechanical Systems, DHW, LPHW, CHW
- Previous Pipe Fitting Duties