Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment process on behalf of Manchester Airports Group.|
We are looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Assistant to work within a busy, well established team in the Manchester Airport Head Office, next to the terminal buildings (Free parking is available and close to train/tram links)
The fixed term contract is for a 12 month period. We are looking for an experienced payroll assistant to provide a First Class Quality Payroll Service for MAG companies and all MAG employees, to ensure accurate and timely production of weekly and monthly payroll in accordance with statutory regulations.
Key skills required include: payroll expertise, SAP knowledge, self starter, good planner, flexible approach essential- used to lots of deadlines and changes to prioritise.
Reporting directly to the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Assistant will perform the day to day processing of all payroll duties including:
Our payroll, although less than 3,000 colleagues covers 3 sites with weekly and monthly payrolls and various tax references and pension schemes so it is a fairly complex organisation. A new SAP HR/Payroll system has recently been implemented so experience of SAP is strongly desirable. Experience of Oracle and or Ceridian would be useful alongside excellent Excel skills.
- Administration of payrolls and employee records including setting up of new starters and leavers and all system amendments and salary calculations to ensure accurate and timely payments to employees and outside bodies. E.G. C.S.A.
- Reconciliations for HMRC and multiple pension providers to assist in preparation of all monthly & end of year returns to Inland Revenue and pension companies as requested.
- Administration and completion of multiple pay awards and arrears calculations relating to pay changes including manual calculations for backdated payments for employee's across Manchester Airport Group including our regional airports.
- Ensure payments are made to employees in accordance with employee terms and conditions, including local or TUPE agreements. Responsibility for recording and calculating employee absence entitlements, adjusting salaries to reflect entitlements to half pay & no payments while complying with Statutory rulings & payments where applicable for SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP.
- Ensure all correspondents are produced to a high and consistent standard, meeting customer/ employee expectation and/or agreed SLA in place. Investigate and produce information to answer queries via email, telephone & face to face. Attending meetings to provide explanation as required.