Morson International, Finance Recruitment Division. We are currently recruiting a fantastic opportunity for an Senior Accountant to join a highly reputable organisation based in Yeovil. Details:|
We are looking for a talented Senior Accountant to join our clients UK team based at their Yeovil (Somerset) site in the South West of England.
Your main activities will include the following:
- Financial responsibility for major long term service contract(s) within Customer Support and Training, including the conduct of quarterly profitability forecasts, monthly reporting and annual budgeting.
- Provide financial support and direction and control to the programme, with appropriate contract analysis and reporting to support Programme Manager and business meetings
- Responsibility for all forecasting and budgeting requirements associated with those contracts, working with the business as necessary. This will include:
- Contract costs to complete along with associated schedules
- Performance reporting
- Cash forecasting and support to treasury management for the programme, income and expenditures
- All Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet items pertinent to the contract
- Milestone reporting
- Conduct of business cases for programme investment initiatives
- Provide timely and accurate month-end financial reporting as appropriate, ensuring correct use of SAP in terms contract structure and maintenance thereof, compliance with IFRS applications and to enable performance reporting, working with business as necessary to support adhoc requests from the Finance Manager
- Ensure compliance with SSRO (legal) requirements and cost certificates to the customer as required for these contracts.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
- Professional Qualified Accountant : Newly Qualified or reasonable PQE
- Good critical thinker/ analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly at different levels across the business
- Work on own initiative but able to work across functional teams
- Ability to influence others
- Demonstrable IT knowledge - Microsoft (Excel, Word etc.); ERP (preferably SAP) and associated reporting tools.
- Flexible approach to work
Please note that applications will only be accepted if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. My client are not a Tier 2 Visa sponsoring Company. This role may also require the successful candidate to hold or be able to gain full UK MoD Security Clearance.