Synacor is looking to grow our native mobile engineering team. This team creates mobile
applications and SDKs used by global Internet, wireless and TV/video service providers.
As a member of this team you will be working closely with user experience designers, software
engineers, and product managers creating experiences for TV/video (search, discovery, and
watch), digital lifestyle management, messaging and email.
You'll excel if you:
- Working within an established design and engineering team, upholding and contributing
- and improving workflow and best practices.
- Developing robust Android applications and widgets.
- Developing robust iOS, watchOS, and tvOS applications and components.
- Managing new and existing products and infrastructure.
- Providing technical advice and expertise to engineering colleagues, product and project
- managers, and other members of the Synacor team
- Enjoy solving complex software engineering problems.
- Enjoy implementing complex, rich user interfaces.
- Enjoy constantly identifying, learning and adapting to important new technologies.
- Can provide and receive constructive criticism to help yourself and your team grow.
- Can effectively communicate with team members regarding status, progress, and
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in software development for mobile platforms
- including Android and iOS. (Java, Objective-C and/or Swift).
- Experience developing mobile applications that interact with RESTful services.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Highly self-motivated and able to drive projects forward without detailed guidance.
- Ability to work with customers in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Expertise with software development, source control management and debugging
- environments and tools (Android, Studio, Xcode, jira, git, etc...).