Manager Resourcing North America
The Manager Resourcing North America will be responsible for the oversight and management of North America recruitment efforts, managing the entire recruitment life cycle, including managing all recruitment policies, processes and programs.
Implement a proactive and effective recruitment model, which will assure we are identifying and placing the best suitable candidate for the roles, anticipating future requirement and incorporating diversity criteria along with key competencies and experiences.
The Manager Resourcing North America will implement Regional sourcing and recruiting campaigns to attract and acquire high quality talent for now and the future of the organization. He/she will partner with resourcing colleagues globally in integrating outstanding and standard recruitment practices
A key aspect of the role as well is to put in place a strategy to improve the efficiency of our recruitment processes and system and increase the presence and knowledge of BHPB as a preferred employer in the Region
Stand Out Bullet Points
• Permanent role
• Direct Reports - 6
• Commitment to the BHP Billiton Charter and Code of Business Conduct.
Reporting to the Manager Resourcing & Training Americas, within the Global Asset Services team, we are looking for someone who demonstrates the following core accountabilities, but not limited to:
- Demonstrates and instils an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Develop and prioritize recruiting and sourcing strategies and key recruiting initiatives and ensure that they are in line with company's business strategy, recruiting policies, branding messages and meet organisational and statutory requirements. Establish and maintain the global resource management governance processes
- Organize, plan and manage the entire life cycle of recruitment from sourcing candidates to on boarding utilizing the budgeted resources to deliver consistent and timely results
- Positively positioning the organisation and it's employee proposition in the external market and ensuring a positive candidate experience to facilitate the successful attraction of high calibre
- Working with the talent development team to ensure that talent is reviewed against future resourcing requirements and ensure that global mobility opportunities are utilized
- Working with the businesses to develop and interpret meaningful management information to monitor the effectiveness of recruitment strategies
- Continuously improve on service levels offered to customers in terms of Turnaround time for requests, quality & Customer Satisfaction
- Partner with business leaders to understand the executives profiles and skills associated to meet business objectives
- Recognize and monitor external marketplace trends and adjust overall recruiting strategy to ensure the continued ability to hire top talent to support our business
- Explores the market best practices in the recruitment and staffing and implement appropriate best practices in the organization
- Monitors and constantly reduces the costs of the recruitment process including managing third party supplier agreements and implement a strategy to reduce agency spend
- Provide organizational recruitment to support inclusion and diversity
- Ensure recruiters and hiring managers have a clear mutual understanding of staffing policies, practices, processes and priorities;
- Supervise North America's recruitment team working by example to set high standards and outstanding leadership guidance offering on-going feedback and opportunities for development.
- Proactively build Regional talent pipeline and network of potential candidates by identifying candidates for future business development goals and by creating a presence at career fairs, on-line and other virtual locations.
- Vice President, Global Asset Services
- Vice President HR Business Partner Petroleum
- Regional Heads of Resourcing and Training Australia and America
- Asset Presidents and Functional Vice-presidents of the Business Units and Global Functions based within North America
- Regional HR Leadership Teams
- Lead Resourcing South America and Leads Resourcing Australia and Asia
- External resource Agencies
- Resourcing system support vendors
Your Skills and Experience
Behavioural & Leadership Competencies
- Excellent communication/ networking, negotiation and stakeholder engagement skills including ability to influence
- Solid decision-making capabilities based on analytical skills and critical thought processes
- Effective engagement of global teams
- Ability to work across complex, multi-functional environment at a leadership level
- Ability to manage requirements coming from multiple streams and fulfilling them by working in collaboration with HR teams
- Ability to drive change and improvement
- Action Orientation
- Critical thinker
- Conflict Management
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or Human Resources
Experience and Technical Competencies
- 10+ years of relevant experience in leadership level roles in Global Organizations
- Have significant experience in talent acquisition/resourcing, including experience of working in an in-house function
- Proven ability to create, implement, and drive a Proactive successful Global Recruiting Strategy
- Deep Knowledge in Recruitment Life Cycle from Sourcing to Selection as well as other relevant HR processes.
- Prior experience managing and prioritizing multiple business requirements, projects and client relationships.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Oil & Gas industry
Our Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life while enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid parental leave, 2 weeks paternity leave, education assistance and a retirement scheme. We strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace and are open to discussions around workplace flexibility.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- BHP Billiton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all to apply.
Advertised: 18 Oct 2016 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 01 Nov 2016 Central Daylight Time