Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||40352707||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Western Australia||City:||Western Australia||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 21:05|
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Fantastic opportunities available for motivated, safety orientated Production Loader Operators to join our Mining Area C Production Team, FIFO from Perth on a 2/1 roster. The right Candidate shall be required to operate Komatsu WA1200 Front End Loader and CAT 793 Haul Trucks as per operational needs.
We are seeking employees committed to reducing workplace risk for themselves and others through active participation in behaviour based safety programs, hazard and event reporting procedures whilst contributing to a productive & healthy team culture.
Reporting to the Mining Supervisor, within the Mining Production team your duties will include:
- Ensuring conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter Values;
- Overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development;
- Complete daily pre-starts on equipment and inspection of your work area;
- Maximise compliance with operational plan by ensuring all activities are performed and carried out in accordance with plan and work instructions;
- Monitor performance of equipment and compliance with mine operating procedures through inspections;
- Actively participate in maintaining appropriate standards of behaviour (Code of Business Conduct);
- May be required at any given stage as per operational requirements to train on and operate:
- Komatsu WA1200 Wheel Loaders
- CAT 793 Haul Trucks
- Water Carts
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated ability in the operation of Komatsu WA1200 Wheel loaders and Dump trucks
- Flexible, team-orientated approach;
- C class manual drivers licence;
- HR Drivers Licence with practical experience;
- Communication and workplace relationship building
- Computer literacy and experience with Fleet Management Systems will be highly regarded
- Working knowledge of the Mines Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations
- Basic communication and relationship with management.
- Commitment to continuous improvement
You will be based at our 'Area C' mine site on a fly-in fly-out [insert roster] roster. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 40352707
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.