|Job Ref:||40352573||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Western Australia||City:||Western Australia||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 21:05|
The Minerals Australia Supply team provides a contracting and procurement function to BHP Billiton's operations across Australia, including supporting a multi-billion dollar capital program. Commercial professionals with an understanding of construction contracting are required to be part of a team that ensures that BHP Billiton is extracting real value from contractor relationships; and that construction and engineering contracting panels operate effectively across Australia.
If you have a commercial background in business development, contract management, project procurement or category management within the construction and resources sectors then this could represent an excellent opportunity to be part of a national team with a strategic focus.
Reporting to the Superintendent Contractor Relationship Management, within the Supply Chain Category team your duties will include:
-Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
-An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
-Work collaboratively across Supply and Projects stakeholder groups across Australia to develop and execute strategies for project procurement
-Responsible for delivering sustainable, realised project cost reductions
-Delivering or supporting strategic sourcing and process improvement projects within Category Management
-A core focus of this role will be providing value leadership to Minerals Australia through:
-Developing a working understanding of the projects portfolio including technical knowledge, demand analysis, spend analysis, market dynamics
-Working to pre-qualify key contractors and managing the process to identify, select and contract with panel members
-Monitoring construction contractor performance and the health of the company's panel arrangements
-Validating and valuing improvement opportunities in order to set targets, prioritise activities and effort toward the company's business plan objectives
-Working in cross-functional teams with project management and engineering stakeholders
-Effective communication of strategies to all levels of internal stakeholders, from senior leadership to frontline operations
-Facilitating relationship management with panel contractors
-Developing negotiation strategies and leading negotiations with contractors Delivering and supporting activities such that Supply meets the Business
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to work through complex problems collaboratively
- Commercial acumen and a sound commercial understanding of construction contracting
- Ability to influence stakeholders across multiple geographical regions
- Entrepreneurial mindset, i.e ability to identify new opportunities and drive them to implementation
- Exercises sound judgement to listen; ask the right questions
- Skilled in relationship management and facilitation
- Methodical approach to time and project management
- Ability to interpret business data and use it in decision making
- Can present a compelling argument and constructively influence an outcome from senior management to front line
- Highly values being part of a team and enjoys collaboration
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
BHP Billiton values and respects employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment where you will experience:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- State-of-the-art facilities with WiFi enabled indoor and outdoor spaces
- Collaboration and versatility
- Parent and prayer rooms
Appointments may be made in Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 40352573
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Advertised: 18 Oct 2016 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 01 Nov 2016 W. Australia Standard Time