|Job Ref:||40351993||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Western Australia||City:||Western Australia||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 21:05|
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Mining Superintendent A&I, your duties as an Analyst Mine will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Working independently or as part of a cross-functional team providing research, analysis and evaluations for development or strategic projects.
- Build a good relationship with team members and other departments.
- Communicate any changes to FMS inputs and practices to the Mining Teams through employee engagement, training and coaching.
- Participate in regular audits of FMS technical, operational compliance and performance as required.
- Communicate with Mining Manager and Superintendents to evaluate and validate improvement initiatives.
- Identify, liaise and communicate any FMS Technical issues with relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct research.
- Analyse data and identify improvement opportunities in sites inputs to minestar FMS and collaborate with IPRO FMS performance teams on identified technical issues and improvements to FMS performance.
- Provide post project analysis.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of presentations, reports and submissions to internal and external stakeholders in a timely, objective, comprehensive and accurate manner to influence and guide business decisions directed to enhancing shareholder value.
- Help with reduction of overall mining cost through technical and operational improvement of Fleet Management System.
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Operations experience in mining production and projects.
- WA class HR driver license.
- Extensive exposure to minestar fleet management system and processes.
- Sound computer skills with Microsoft office (Excel, Power point, Word, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Process modeling / problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment of continuous improvement.
- Flexible to change and embraces improvement.
- Minimum 3 yrs experience in Mining environment.
- Experience in remote area work environment.
You will be based at our 'Area C' mine site on a fly-in fly-out 8 days on, 6 days off roster. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 40351993
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.