|Job Ref:||40352834||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Western Australia||City:||Western Australia||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 21:05|
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland as part of our Western Australian Iron Ore (WAIO) business. BHP Billiton celebrates and actively promotes diversity of thought at all levels and strictly adheres to a series of core values outlined in our Company Charter.
If you are an outcome focused, energetic person that is passionate about the analysis and delivery of beneficial projects and have the ability to build great relationships within our team, then you will be an ideal candidate to be part of our site family.
Reporting to the Superintendent Projects (whom shares the same passion and values) within the MAC Engineering team you will be responsible for the development of important projects through the Project Engineering Core Process phases.
You may not understand all the acronyms, but that is less important than the ability to work alongside our stakeholders to make our site a better place. The project process guides the way and you will have a number of supportive mentors to help.
Duties will include:
- Commitment to the BHP Billiton Charter, our overriding principles on how we treat each other and our stakeholders.
- A commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Ensure compliance with Engineering Core Processes and standards to enable your projects to deliver sustainable and business beneficial outcomes.
- Set the Delivery Team up for success by ensuring a robust Project Execution Plan supported by high quality engineering deliverables.
- Deliver initiation, ID/SPS/DPS and Execution project phases. We follow normal industry project process and you are encouraged to apply even if you do not understand specific BHP terms.
- Project Engineering management with accountabilities such as quality of deliverables, budget controls, schedule milestones, program management (critical paths), risk management, scope changes, etc.
- Interaction with Engineering vendors and contractor companies we treat as part of the team, if they are successful we are successful.
- The preparation, tender and award of engineering packages.
- Involvement in community and team events which make BHP Billiton Iron Ore an employee of choice and will provide you with colleagues and friends for life.
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will ideally possess some of the following or be interested in developing the following:
- University degree in an Engineering subject or Project Management qualifications, which demonstrate understanding of project delivery.
- Worked in a team and supported/guided peers and less experienced team members. Contributed by using his/her expertise in practical judgement to ensure optimum quality, safety and project delivery.
- Experience delivering capital, construction or brownfields improvement projects, with demonstrable outcomes meeting safety, cost and schedule targets.
- Demonstrated study experience preferably including mining process and non-process facilities.
- Able to work collaboratively in a tight knit and supportive environment where constant challenges will require your full attention to be professional and inclusive at all times.
The role will be site based on a 5/2, 4/3 fly-in fly-out roster from Perth. There will be the occasional need to work in the Perth Head Office located at 125 St Georges Terrace, which boasts great views of the Swan River and Perth surrounds.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive outcomes focused team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 40352834
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.