|Job Ref:||EMP376822||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Haydock||Address:||Salary:||£33,000 - £40,000/year||Post Date:||18/10/2016 21:32|
A leading provider of automation and control solutions. Delivering turnkey solutions for the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of bespoke control and instrumentation systems, electrical power systems and data communication systems|
CAD packages, design
- The Project Engineer has overall responsibility for the technical delivery of all projects allocated to him and where required will act as the Project Manager on these projects.
- The Project Engineer will work closely with the Project Manager to ensure that the solution provided is of minimum cost whilst being technically acceptable and in accordance with the client specifications and the BIAS offer.
- A Project Engineer is expected to be a committed and enthusiastic team member.
- The Engineering Manager/Technical Manager will provide guidance and support to the Project Engineer, when required, on all matters related to the execution of his duties.
- The Project Engineer will be flexible and willing to undertake other engineering roles when necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in designing and building distribution boards, MCCs & large control panels incorporating PLC’s, VSD’s and control relay logic
- High level of theoretical and practical Electrical Engineering knowledge
- Have an appreciation of general instrumentation, interfacing equipment, cabling systems and installation requirements to BS7671
- Have an understanding of the hardware design and implementation of PLC and SCADA control systems
- A good working knowledge of one or more CAD packages
- Experience of estimating from client requirements specification
- Experience of managing own projects from the enquiry phase to completion
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
- Possess the necessary inter-personal skills for effective client management
- Experience of the nuclear industry would be advantageous