|Job Ref:||R0010452||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 22:01|
Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.|
Join Thales as a Product Safety Engineer to lead the development and optimisation of Thales governance, providing professional guidance and advice on all aspects of product safety engineering. This is a vital role that will facilitate the harmonisation of Thales’ product safety engineering processes, which in turn will assist in assuring compliant products, systems and services. The key focus is to ensure we provide a consistent quality of support across all programmes, product lines and businesses whilst optimising the assets available to the business.
• Conduct product safety evaluation and management activities
• Support Product Design Authorities in assuring Legislation, Regulation, Standard and Governance compliance
• Develop and implement the safety management system to cover products, systems and services
• Produce safety case reports and associated artefacts
• Develop product safety engineering awareness
• Support the development of product safety engineering across Thales UK
• Promote and champion product safety engineering
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Proven record of product safety engineering
• Safety case report authoring
• Hazard log management
• Risk analysis, management and reduction techniques
• Knowledge of various lifecycle phases
• Demonstrable experience in a Quality controlled environment
• Safety Requirement management
• Relevant science/ engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation click the apply button now.